Lesley E. Little
Les received his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas in 1987, and his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Houston Law Center in 1990. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas Litigation and Insurance sections.
- Secured $10 million in insurance benefits for major corporation after insurer had denied coverage.
- $8 million settlement of Hurricane Ike claim after insurer claimed damages did not exceed the deductible.
- Obtained $1.5 million settlement from insurer after coverage was denied.
- Settled hail damage claim for $650,000 after insurance company said the claim was not covered.
- Over $10 million in settlements of Hurricane Ike insurance claims.
- Won jury trial against insurance company following insurer’s denial of claim based on vacancy exclusion-resulting in judgment that was more than double the amount of the claim.
- $975,000 settlement of hail claim based on insurer’s improper calculation of wind/hail deductible.
- $425,000 verdict against insurance company for denial of homeowner’s claim based on alleged arson.
- Successfully resolved many personal injury and wrongful death claims for amounts ranging from $100,000 to $2 million.
- Obtained settlement for full policy limits or more in multiple fire losses where the insurance company had wrongfully alleged arson.
Lesley E. Little has been a Buck Keenan LLP partner since 2001. He combines his 30 years of experience with a dedication to client service while representing clients in a variety of litigation at the state and federal levels. His case experience includes first-party insurance and coverage, contractual disputes, fraud, non-compete and trade secrets, product liability, wrongful death, personal injury, and securities litigation. Les has tried cases to jury verdict in both state and federal courts, and he has been the lead attorney in numerous cases involving multimillion-dollar verdicts or settlements.
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Colorado