Andrew received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Colgate University in 2004, his law degree from South Texas College of Law in 2007, and a Master of International Law and Business from Bucerius Law School/WHU School of Management (Germany) in 2008.
- Obtained confidential settlement in excess of $10 million in ICC arbitration in international oil and gas dispute for plaintiff in breach of contract case over royalties and bonus payments.
- Obtained $2 million judgment after a bench trial in federal court in New Mexico against landowner in dispute involving one of New Mexico’s largest cattle ranches.
- Obtained confidential seven-figure settlement for plaintiff in legal malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, and conspiracy lawsuit against client’s former lawyer, board members, and former employer in Utah state court.
- Obtained favorable defense settlement for former officer and director in multi-million-dollar breach of fiduciary duty and negligence dispute before AAA.
- Obtained seven-figure AAA arbitration award after a five-day hearing in favor of a NYSE Houston-based oil-field services company on breach of contract claims in connection with a failed ERP software implementation, which included take-nothing award on counterclaims totaling more than $900,000.
- Obtained confidential seven-figure settlement for royalty owner plaintiffs in unpaid royalty dispute in Bexar County, Texas.
- Obtained federal court judgment voiding fraudulent transfers valued in excess of $1,000,000.
- Obtained judgment quieting title in half-century old boundary dispute in Fort Bend County, Texas.
- Secured dismissal of ADA lawsuit in federal court for regional bank in one of several hundred cases filed by plaintiff’s counsel—the dismissal was the only such dismissal in Texas that did not include payment by the bank of any settlement amount.
- Successfully argued numerous dispositive and non-dispositive motions in state and federal courts across the country.
- Represented Fortune 500 pipeline company in a variety of litigation matters.
- Represented multi-family developers in a variety of litigation matters.
- Represented real estate brokers and agents in a variety of litigation matters.
- Obtained and defended countless Temporary Restraining Orders and Injunctions in state and federal courts.
- Obtained favorable settlements for both plaintiffs and defendants in numerous DTPA lawsuits.
- Represented clients in intellectual property matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and internationally.
BIOGRAPHYAndrew Wright represents both plaintiffs and defendants in all types of commercial litigation in federal courts, state courts, and arbitrations. He is a skilled advocate and has tried and won jury trials, bench trials, injunctions, and arbitrations across the country for his clients involving breach of contract, oil and gas, tort, construction, real estate, consumer, employment, and trade secrets issues. Andrew has significant experience representing clients in disputes before the AAA, ICC, and UNCITRAL. Prior to joining Buck Keenan LLP in 2012, Andrew was General Counsel for an international independent oil and gas exploration company in Italy. He has also worked previously in the Hamburg, Germany offices of White & Case LLP and ExxonMobil. Andrew is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, Houston International Arbitration Club, International Bar Association, and the Houston Bar Association Litigation Section. He is a Lifetime Member of the National Eagle Scout Association.
ACCOLADES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTSAndrew is a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, an honor bestowed annually on only 1/3 of 1% of Texas attorneys. Andrew has been an author and speaker on a number of legal topics including:
- “International Arbitration and Litigation,” University of Houston Law Center, 2017-2018.
- “An Overview of U.S. Law for Foreign Lawyers,” ExxonMobil, Hamburg, 2009.
- “Analyzing DCF as Applied by Arbitral Tribunals to Calculate Damages and the use of a Country Risk Premium,” White & Case LLP, Hamburg, 2009.
- “M&A and Corporate Law Glossary,” White & Case LLP, Hamburg 2009.
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas