Andrew received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Colgate University in 2004, his law degree from South Texas College of Law in 2007, and a Master of International Law and Business from Bucerius Law School/WHU School of Management (Germany) in 2008.
Andrew Wright represents both plaintiffs and defendants in all types of commercial litigation in federal courts, state courts, and arbitrations. He is a skilled advocate and has tried and won jury trials, bench trials, injunctions, and arbitrations across the country for his clients involving breach of contract, oil and gas, tort, construction, real estate, consumer, employment, and trade secrets issues. Andrew has significant experience representing clients in disputes before the AAA, ICC, and UNCITRAL.
Prior to joining Buck Keenan LLP in 2012, Andrew was General Counsel for an international independent oil and gas exploration company in Italy. He has also worked previously in the Hamburg, Germany offices of White & Case LLP and ExxonMobil.
Andrew is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, Houston International Arbitration Club, International Bar Association, and the Houston Bar Association Litigation Section. He is a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and a Lifetime Member of the National Eagle Scout Association.
ACCOLADES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Andrew has been an author and speaker on a number of legal topics including:
- “International Arbitration and Litigation,” University of Houston Law Center, 2017-2018.
- “An Overview of U.S. Law for Foreign Lawyers,” ExxonMobil, Hamburg, 2009.
- “Analyzing DCF as Applied by Arbitral Tribunals to Calculate Damages and the use of a Country Risk Premium,” White & Case LLP, Hamburg, 2009.
- “M&A and Corporate Law Glossary,” White & Case LLP, Hamburg 2009.
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas