Laura attended the University of Cambridge in England, where she majored in Philosophy. She was awarded a B.A. in 2006 and a M.A. (Cantab) in 2010. Laura earned her law degree from Columbia Law School in New York in 2010.
- Wide-ranging representation of Finland-based international crane manufacturer on multiple million-dollar matters, including contract dispute involving Germany-based subsidiary, wrongful death claims against Finland entity at a U.S. Port, and loss-of-limbs claim against U.S. entity at ExxonMobil refinery in Louisiana.
- Defending partner in Cameroon-based exploration and production project in ICC arbitration in Houston against multimillion-dollar claim. As a late addition to the team, offered several novel and creative theories and strategies leading to success in arbitration.
- Representation of U.S.-based natural gas production company on wide variety of Texas-based matters, including personal injury, PPQ-related lease matters, and calculation of payments under farm-out agreement.
- Representation of multiple pipeline companies in condemnation matters, ranging from providing analysis in advance of condemnation proceedings to defending against eight-figure claims of trespass and wrongful possession. Responsible for key pleadings leading to settlement on favorable terms.
- Representation of one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America against multimillion-dollar claim relating to sale of energy asset.
- Lead trial and appellate counsel defending out-of-state lumber yard in product liability matters. Drafted successful motion to dismiss first claim, drafted appellate pleadings, and represented the client in settling second claim on favorable terms.
- Advised Germany-based client of London law firm on Texas-specific matters in the client’s arbitration.
- Representation of energy company against nine-figure breach-of-contract claim. Summary judgment awarded in favor of client on all counts, sustained by the Texas Supreme Court.
- Regular representation of large IT company on contract dispute and collection matters.
Laura Gleen‘s practice is focused on commercial litigation, where she had considerable experience in energy-related matters and personal injury defense. Laura also has experience in construction and condemnation matters. Laura works on cases involving contract disputes, fraud, negligence, product liability defense, and other types of claims with a focus on providing comprehensive litigation services to her clients. Laura has been involved in several trials at state and federal levels, as well as arbitrations and mediations, including as first chair.
Prior to joining Buck Keenan LLP in 2017, Laura worked for Greenberg Traurig, LLP, in its Washington D.C. and Houston offices.
Laura is a member of the Garland R. Walker Inn of Court. She volunteers for Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue and speaks French and Spanish.
ACCOLADES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Laura has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star multiple times, most recently in 2020. She is a member of the Houston Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee and Houston Bar Association Professionalism Committee. Laura is also a member of the HBA Dispute Resolution Center Board.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- United States Court of Federal Claims