Laura attended the University of Cambridge in England, where she majored in Philosophy. She was awarded a B.A. in 2006 and a M.A. (Cantab) in 2010. Laura earned her law degree from Columbia Law School in New York in 2010.
BIOGRAPHYLaura Gleen’s practice is focused on commercial litigation, where she has considerable experience in energy-related matters and personal injury defense. Laura also has experience in construction and condemnation matters. Laura works on cases involving contract disputes, fraud, negligence, product liability defense, and other types of claims with a focus on providing comprehensive litigation services to her clients. Laura has been involved in several trials at state and federal levels, as well as arbitrations and mediations, including as first chair.
Prior to joining Buck Keenan, L.L.P., Laura worked for Greenberg Traurig, L.L.P., in its Washington D.C. and Houston offices.
Laura worked at McAllister Olivarius in the United Kingdom from 2021 through 2022, where her practice focused on international and domestic matters relating to trafficking, abuse, discrimination, and contract matters.
Laura speaks French and Spanish.
ACCOLADES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Laura has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star multiple times, most recently in 2020.
- Wide-ranging representation of Finland-based international crane manufacturer on multiple million-dollar matters, including contract dispute involving Germany-based subsidiary (serving as lead counsel), wrongful death claims against Finland entity at a US Port (second chair), and loss-of-limbs claim against US entity at ExxonMobil refinery in Louisiana (second chair).
- Defending partner in Cameroon-based exploration and production project in ICC arbitration in Houston against multi-million-dollar claim. As a late addition to the team, offered several novel and creative theories and strategies leading to success in arbitration.
- Representation of US-based natural gas production company on wide variety of Texas-based matters, including personal injury (lead counsel), PPQ-related lease matters, and calculation of payments under farm-out agreement.
- Represent multiple pipeline companies in condemnation matters, ranging from providing analysis in advance of condemnation proceedings to defending against eight-figure claims of trespass and wrongful possession. Responsible for key pleadings leading to settlement on favorable terms.
- Representation of one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America against multi-million dollar claim relating to sale of energy asset (second chair).
- Lead trial and appellate counsel defending out-of-state lumber yard in product liability matters. Drafted successful motion to dismiss first claim, drafted appellate pleadings, and represented the client in settling second claim on favorable terms.
- Advised Germany-based client of London law firm on Texas-specific matters in the client’s arbitration (sole Texas counsel).
- Representation of energy company against nine-figure breach-of-contract claim (second chair). Summary judgment awarded in favor of client on all counts, sustained by the Texas Supreme Court.
- Regular representation of large IT company on contract dispute and collection matters.
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlement against a US entity and its employee in an international trafficking and abuse case.
- State of Texas
- State of New York
- Washington, DC
- All Texas district courts
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of Maryland
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Court of Federal Claims